On this page
The MITT Test Centre offers a range of testing and invigilation services in a securely monitored, academically connected testing environment for current and prospective MITT students, and external clientele. The MITT Test Centre is a member of the National College Testing Association (NCTA) and the Canadian Higher Education Testing Association (CHETA).
Testing services we provide:
- Prospective MITT program applicants meeting pre-admissions requirements
- MITT students with accessibility accommodations
- Students attending other educational institutions requiring paper-based or computer/web-based exam invigilation
- Private industry certification and licensure testing through partnerships with exam sponsors PSI, PearsonVue, and Kryterion.
Exam Invigilation Services (non-MITT students)
Students attending other post-secondary institutions may arrange in person exam invigilation services at the MITT Test Centre for a fee.
Please note: Exam bookings cannot be accommodated without first confirming the availability of test session dates and our invigilation services.
The following steps must be completed before scheduling a test session and requesting exam invigilation services:
Step 1 – Request a test session and invigilation services
- To request a test session time and exam invigilation services, please fill out this Invigilation Request form
Step 2 – Wait for confirmation
- Before following up with your institution, you must wait for communication from our Test Centre confirming that are able to accommodate your request. If the date or time your have requested is not available, alternates may be considered.
Step 3 – Inform your institution that you have booked your invigilation services
- If we can accommodate your request, you will receive an email notification that you have a test session and invigilation services booked at our Test Centre.
- After receiving your notification, you may inform your institution that your test session and invigilation services have been formally scheduled at MITT.
Exam invigilation services are generally offered on Mondays 9:00am – 1:00pm CT and on Fridays 12:00pm – 4:00pm CT, however there is an option to request alternate sessions when filling out the Invigilation Request form.
Exam invigilation sessions fill up quickly, particularly during peak post-secondary assessment periods, so please submit your request as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Invigilation requests will be reviewed in the order they are received but please note, submitting an invigilation request form is not a guarantee of your preferred exam date or time.
For a current list of fees and other inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Location, Hours*, Contact
- 130 Henlow Bay, 2nd Floor, Room 211
- Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- firstname.lastname@example.org | 204 989 6552
*Test Centre opening hours are subject to change without notice
Visitor parking is free for Test Centre users and is monitored by Impark. When parking in the visitor parking area please sign in at the General Office upon arrival to register your vehicle license plate. Please do not park in the designated parking areas for MITT students and staff. If visitor parking is full street parking may also be available.
Test taker information guide
Please note this information guide outlines the general rules of the Test Centre. Some exam sponsors will have requirements that fall outside of these general rules. Whenever this is the case, the exam sponsor’s directives will override the general rules of the Test Centre.
Before you arrive
- Test takers who require unique exam accommodations must make these arrangements first with their exam sponsor and then confirm any accommodation details with the MITT Test Centre at least 7 business days prior to the day of the test.
- COVID-19 prevention policy asks that campus visitors complete the Shared Health COVID-19 Screening Tool prior to arriving to MITT. Do not arrive for a test if you are sick or have any symptoms of illness. Effective June 25, 2022 the wearing of masks while on campus is at the discretion of each individual, based on their personal comfort level. MITT reserves the right to reinstate the mask mandate and other public health related orders in the future as required. Computer workstations, lockers and testing materials / shared stationary are sanitized between each candidate.
The day of your test
- Test takers must sign in at the General Office on the main floor upon arrival and sign out again when leaving. If applicable, fees for exam invigilation must also be paid at the General Office before visiting the Test Centre on the second floor.
- Companions are not permitted in the Test Centre and should make arrangements to wait for test takers outside of the campus building while testing is taking place. Exceptions include test accommodations requests where the support of another individual has been approved and pre-arranged by the exam sponsor and Test Centre prior to the exam.
- Valid, (non-expired) photo identification with a signature is required for all tests - no exceptions. Accepted forms of ID are: Provincial Driver’s License, Passport, Permanent Resident card, Indian Status Card, Provincial Identity Card. The name and photo on the identification must identically match that of the person who is registered for the exam. If your ID does not contain a signature field, a second piece of identification with your name and signature will be required (e.g., valid credit card or bank card). Note: one piece of ID as above is always required, however some exam sponsors may have additional identification requirements. Please be sure to inquire with your exam sponsor prior to arriving at MITT for your test.
- No personal items are permitted in the Test Centre. Lockers for personal items, including coats, bags, purses, backpacks, hats, wallets, watches, and phones, etc. will be provided at no charge for the duration of the exam. Lockers must be emptied and the key returned to the Test Centre at the conclusion of the exam.
- No electronic devices are permitted in the Test Centre. Cell phones, tablets, watches or any Bluetooth-enabled device must be totally powered OFF (not placed on silent or airplane mode). These items must remain in the locker provided located outside of the Test Centre.
- No food or beverages other than water are allowed. Only clear, transparent water bottles without labels are permitted. Water bottles cannot be refilled once a test has started.
- If standard stationery items are permitted by the exam sponsor they will be provided by the Test Centre. Whether materials are allowed is solely at the discretion of the exam sponsor and may include a pen, pencil, eraser, scratch paper, calculator etc. Any items provided by the Test Centre must be returned to the invigilator at the conclusion of the exam. This includes any assigned scratch paper that was or was not used during the exam.
Test room security
- Test takers are continually monitored via live camera and during regular test room walk throughs. All test sessions at the MITT Test Centre are recorded. Recordings are retained for a period of 30 days and will be used for no other purpose than to monitor the testing area to ensure the proper administration of your exam.
Taking your test
- Test takers will be given a choice of using either noise cancellation ear muffs or foam ear plugs to assist with any external noise while in the Test Centre.
- Exam invigilators cannot assist with test questions or provide clarification of exam content.
- Test takers are expected to complete their exam without requiring breaks or needing to leave the Test Centre (e.g., washroom, phone calls, etc.). Some exam sponsors do permit regulated washroom breaks. Please check with your exam sponsor to confirm their test day rules.