MITT's Study Hall is a place where students can study independently or take a break to connect with others.
The goal of the Study Hall is to recreate an atmosphere similar to that of a campus common area, library, or coffee shop. This environment helps students concentrate better because being around others who are also studying can provide motivation to stay focused.
- Students join the study hall where the main purpose is to study together with others.
- Study hall is a drop-in format and is voluntary and open to all.
- Study hall is hosted by an MITT student or staff member.
- For students in the same program, if the events are very popular, subject-specific sessions can be scheduled.
- At the start, introduce yourself to the host or other students, and feel free to declare your study goal for that session. Setting a goal for each 20-minute study period, or the whole session, can be very helpful.
- You can study on your own, with a friend, or other students from your program.
- The host is there to provide support and answer any questions that may arise. They will keep track of time and guide the 5-min break activities. They can provide tips on how to study better.
Study Hall schedule:
|First 5 minutes||The host will welcome students, explain how it works and invite students to share their study topics or questions|
|5 minutes||Make your study plan, set goals|
|20 minutes||Study period—students stay online and it’s quiet in the main room while everyone studies. You can request a breakout room/table for studying or talking with others|
|5-minute break||The host may invite everyone to share about their study progress, or mention upcoming MITT events or ways to get study help|
|20 minutes||Study period—students stay online and it’s quiet in the main Zoom room while everyone studies. You can request a breakout room/table for studying or talking with others|
|5 minutes||Finish up, plan for your next session!|
The format is inspired by the Pomodoro Technique for productivity.
3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. CST
HNL RM 120, Deltas
- October 17, 2023
- November 21, 2023
- December 5, 2023
4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. CST
PMB RM 103, Student Life
- October 18, 2023
- November 22, 2023
- December 6, 2023
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you would like to request any accommodations in the Study Hall, email email@example.com before each session.