Student Advisors, Counselling, Learning Support
In order to maintain physical distancing as part of coronavirus prevention, students can contact an MITT Student Advisor by phone, email, and Zoom only - but we are still here for you!
Future and current MITT students can contact MITT Student Services at 204.989.6512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MITT Student Advisors are the best resource on campus for future and current students to talk to about their academic and personal plan. Because advisors work with all categories of students in all of our programs, they have a huge amount of knowledge and experience to share on what works - and what doesn't - when studying at MITT.
MITT student advisors know how to help students:
- Identify and meet their education and career goals
- Work through academic or personal issues
- Create realistic time management and financial plans
- Make informed decisions and know all of their options
In addition to general advising topics common to all students, MITT advisors have specific areas of interest or focus:
Indigenous Student Advisor - Ryan Bruyere
- Helps Indigenous students with administrative tasks - program/sponsor applications, funding, awards and bursaries
- Guidance on creating a strong study plan that balances academics with personal committments
- Connects Indigenous students to each other, to their program areas, and to the campus community
Accessibility Services Advisor - Kayla Hoskins
- Coordinates accessibility supports and administrative tasks for students with a permanent or temporary disability
- Helps students access government grants and funding for tuition, services, and equipment
- Works with students, families and MITT instructors to develop a comprehensive education plan
- Advocates and liaises with sponsors and other off-campus accessibility supports
Learning Support Advisor - Grace Leduc
- Helps students become more efficient and effective in preparing for class, assignments, and tests
- Program-specific coaching and mentoring in the areas of reading comprehension, technical language and math
- Facilitates group study opportunities and exam preparation workshops