Online Learning Support
Being a successful student in an online learning environment starts with the fundamentals of good study practices in any course! Keep in mind, online courses are not easier—they include the same material, assignments, deadlines and grading as face-to-face delivery. Self-direction and time management are especially important.
MITT's Student Services department and Learning Specialist can help students with these learning supports!
Quick tips for online study:
- Check your computer and internet connection to make sure you have a reliable connection to your online classes.
- Create a physical study space that maximizes your focus. An organized, comfortable and quiet setup with a professional background will make a huge difference.
- Know your daily/weekly schedule. Most lectures will be online in real-time according to your program schedule. Make sure you set aside time each day to participate.
- Follow your course outlines. Just like in-person classes, knowing your course outline is important to stay organized and know what you need to study ahead of time for the next online class.
- Pay extra attention to your communication skills. Check your writing for spelling and grammar, be mindful of how your words and body language comes across virtually.
- Ask questions! If you have questions about using video conferencing software, your course outline, or anything presented in your class, connect right away with your instructor or Student Services for help.
Guides to Accounts and Online Tools (PDF)
YouTube Tutorials by/for D2L Brightspace (developer of MyLearning)
MyLearning MITT Orientation Video
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.