International Student Resources

International students smiling in front of the camera

Permits, Visas, and Immigration

At MITT we have an Immigration Services Advisor who has the IRCC designate. If you questions with regards to any immigration related matter, please proceed to the following page: Permits, Visas and More.

Note: One-on-one online visa consultation available. MITT's Immigration Services Advisor is available online. Book one-on-one online consultation at or email to Refer to this webpage for information or contact IRCC through Web form. Check news and updates on COVID-19 from MITT’s Registrar’s Office.

MITT schedules informative workshops regarding extending study permits, co-op work permits, and the provincial nominee program. Please contact Student Services for the dates of these workshops.

Immigrant resources

  • Immigrant Centre Manitoba
    • Helping Newcomers succeed through personalized settlement plans and community partnerships.
      • Students need to bring their study permit and passport to get services.
      • Website:

Working in Canada

  • Social Insurance Number
  • MITT Career Development Services



Health care services

  • Every international student at MITT is enrolled in a mandatory health plan which gives students access to health care services. For more information regarding the coverage and details please refer to the following site.
  • If you aren’t sure if you need to go to a walk-in clinic or an Emergency Room, call Health Links at 204-788-8200 in Winnipeg or toll-free 1-888-315-9257 for advice.
    • Walk-in clinics allow you to see a doctor without needing to make an appointment ahead of time and are used for non-emergency health issues. Walk-in clinics are useful if you do not have a specific doctor that you see regularly, or if you need to see a doctor on the weekend or outside normal business hours.
    • Hospital Emergency Rooms are for when you are seriously ill or have had an accident requiring immediate treatment.

For life-threatening emergencies requiring an ambulance, or for emergencies requiring the fire department or police, call 911 for immediate help.


  • MITT International Student Mid-Term Scholarships are awarded to the top international post-secondary students based on mid-term grades, attendance, and work skills. Students are nominated by their instructors.

Find Your New Career

If you're not sure how to take that next step, our Career Services team can help you connect your interests with the right courses to launch a new career. Find salary potential and career pathways for hundreds of careers in Manitoba.

Career Services 1

Student Services

Several services are offered to assist students in fulfilling their goals at the Institute. Child care, tutor programs, and much more.



Call us at 204-989-6500