The MITT Student Services team provides academic, personal, and career supports to future and current MITT students. These are the MITT staff that students can connect with when they need help, or have questions about how to plan and be successful in their MITT program.
MITT Student Services: 204 989 6512 or email@example.com
Who we are:
- Student Advisors
- Student Counselling/Social Work
- Immigration Services
- Accessibility Services
- Career and Employment Services are also available
- Support students in financial need by providing food kits
What we do:
- Help future students plan their studies before classes begin (program selection, time management, etc.)
- Ensure students understand academic requirements in their chosen program
- Coordinate mental health and accessibility supports
- Help students stay focused on their studies and career goals
- Assist students with navigation of MITT policies and processes
- Provide certified advice and consultation regarding study permit, visa and work permit regulations
- Provide resources and support for our diverse community of current students, including indigenous, international, high school, 2SLGBTQIA+, and mature or second-career students
- Support students in financial need by providing groceries from our food bank (during the pandemic this has been changed to gift cards)
When should you meet with MITT Student Services?
- At least once 1-2 months before your program starts
- If your study plan changes after classes start, or you have an emergency
- When you need/want to improve your grades
- If you are working more than 15 hrs per week at a job while studying
- If you are feeling overwhelmed, nervous, or anxious
- When your study permit requires renewal
- If you have good news that you want to share with someone!
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.