Employment & Advancement
CAD Technicians are most commonly employed by engineering and architectural firms, construction companies, consulting firms, and manufacturers.
CAD Technicians may also be employed by:
- Public Utilities
- Furniture or Textile Design Companies
- Municipal, Provincial and Federal Government Departments
- Building Fabricators and Other Manufacturing and Assembly Companies
- Land Survey or Geomatic Companies
- Companies in the Petrochemical, Food Processing, Pulp & Paper and Energy Industries
- Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing or other Building Services
- Electronics Manufacturing Companies
For specific salary information for Manitoba, go to:
Are Employers Hiring?
It is good to get into the habit of checking the hiring demand fairly frequently. The need for workers is dependent on many things such as the international market in which conditions can change quickly. The most up-to-date information is usually specific job ads which can give you a sense of the current hiring need.
Specific jobs ads:
The next thing to research is the longer term trends by region.
Finally, you can look at predictions about trends over a longer period of time:
Specific labour market information for CAD Technicians in Manitoba:
Careers In Civil Construction
Manitoba Construction Sector Council - Home
CADD Primer (US)