Cisco Networking Academy Instructor Training Courses at MITT
Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology is proud to be a Cisco Networking Academy, and has been for more than a decade. In addition, MITT most recently became a Cisco Networking Academy Instructor Training Centre (ITC) and Academy Support Centre (ASC).
Instructor Training Centre (ITC).
MITT is pleased to offer Cisco Instructor Training courses via MITT’s Instructor Training Centre. MITT is the only location in Manitoba that can train and qualify instructors to teach Cisco courses at a Cisco Networking Academy.
MITT’s Cisco Instructor Training Centre Provides:
- Professional trainee instruction from Cisco-approved and certified instructors.
- Training utilizing Cisco Networking Academy curriculum and tools.
- Professional development opportunities for persons that aspire to become Cisco Networking Academy instructors.
- Initial training support and accreditation for new instructors.
- Technical support for Cisco Networking Academy instructors for one year after successful completion of instructor training.
- Flexible training schedules; courses will run on-demand (*conditions apply.)
*All training sessions require a minimum number of registrants to run. Training will be scheduled pending instructor availability at MITT.
These courses will be delivered as instructor-led online training, according to a pre-assigned schedule. Course registrants will be required to participate in all scheduled online classes. Participants will also be required to complete additional work in their own time. A course outline will be provided prior to the start of the training session.
At A Glance
Tuition Fees$950 per course
Textbook information can be found at mitt.ca/textbooks.
Continuous Program Improvement
MITT continuously reviews and improves programs to maintain relevance in the workplace and effective learning experiences for all students. Although the institution strives to have the website reflect the most current version of all programs, MITT reserves the right to change the program curriculum as necessary to meet industry and accreditation requirements. As a result, course information and learning outcomes may be adjusted prior to the scheduled course start date.
Due to the challenges raised by COVID-19, MITT reserves the right to alter course delivery methods and/or program durations. Course deliveries may require increased percentages of online/distance learning components, alternatives to work practicums, and extended program durations to accommodate physical distancing and work practicum placement restrictions. MITT will be providing an exceptional level of enhanced student and program supports to ensure this modified program experience continues to meet all required learning outcomes for your program.
|Course Name||Code||Course Contact Hours||Training Fee|
|CCNA R&S: Intro to Networks||ITC-CCNA1||18||$950|
|CCNA R&S: Routing and Switching Essentials||ITC-CCNA2||18||$950|
|CCNA R&S: Scaling Networks||ITC-CCNA3||18||$950|
|CCNA R&S: Connecting Networks||ITC-CCNA4||18||$950|
Please refer to the ‘Course Information’ page for course specific information.
English Proficiency (if educated outside Canada.)
To help learners succeed, MITT strongly recommends that course participants have strong command of the English language, in reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
Who Can Apply for this Training?
To become a Cisco instructor, a candidate must be employed by an institution that is affiliated with an active Cisco Networking Academy. Once a candidate has successfully completed their respective training session(s) at an ITC, they will become authorized to create classes and to teach the respective Cisco course(s) at a Cisco Networking Academy.
Please Note: This training may not benefit persons that are not currently affiliated with a Cisco Networking Academy.
What do I need to apply?
Applicants are required to submit one of the following supporting documents at the time of application.
- A letter from their employer, on letterhead paper, stating relevant industry experience in Cisco systems or the IT industry. A letter will only be accepted by company email domain, or, in original hard copy sent to MITT by the employer.
- A résumé, outlining relevant experience in the technical field related to Cisco systems and/or the IT industry, and indicating their affiliated Cisco Networking Academy.
All documentation will be evaluated by MITT to ensure that applicants meet the requirements to take a specific course.
Applicants may also be required to submit proof of valid Cisco course completion, or proof of Cisco certification that is relevant to the course they wish to apply for.
The following submissions will be accepted:
- Official transcript indicating relevant Cisco course(s); or
- Official notification from Cisco Credential Verification Services, indicating completion of relevant Cisco course(s) or Cisco Certification.
Applicants that do not meet course entrance criteria are advised to contact MITT. Equivalent industry experience may be considered. Applicants may be considered to prove proficiency by successfully completing a skills assessment test specific to the course; a testing fee may apply.
How do I apply?
What Resources will Trainees Require?
To Facilitate Online Training:
- Access to reliable internet connection via personal computer or laptop, with a microphone. Dual monitor computer setup would be preferred, though is not mandatory.
- A webcam is required for testing; a hands free audio connection for access to WebEx is recommended.
- The course instructor will provide course participants with access to WebEx and online course resources via NetAcad.
To Facilitate Challenge Labs:
- Access to Cisco Networking Academy lab equipment to complete all hands-on labs using physical devices. Required equipment includes 3 x routers, 3 x switches, and 3 x personal computers or laptops.
Please note: Course participants will not be provided with access to lab equipment at MITT.
Cisco certification is not included in these course tuition fee. Candidates may register via Pearson Vue to challenge a certification exam. An additional fee will apply. Candidates may be eligible to receive a discount voucher toward their certification exam, providing course completion criteria has been met. Please note that Cisco may change the criteria without prior notification.
These courses will run on demand only. Please contact MITT to express interest in a course.
Have a question about these courses at MITT?
Please contact us: