MITT International Open House 2023 Social Media Contest - Rules and Regulations
You could win one of three available prizes: One (1) $3,000 (CAD) MITT tuition credit towards a Post-Graduate or Post-Secondary program of your choosing, or one of two (2) $1,500 (CAD) tuition credits towards any level of the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program.
MITT Rules and Regulations
- HOW TO ENTER: Entries will be accepted in accordance with these rules (the “Official Rules”). Entries must be received between 9:00 AM (CDT) Tuesday, February 07, 2023, (“Contest Starting Date”) and 4:00 PM (CDT) Friday, February 24, 2023, (“Contest Closing Date”), inclusive. To enter the Contest please complete the online entry form by visiting surveymonkey and submitting your name, mailing address, email address, confirmation that you are not a Canadian citizen or resident, and daytime telephone number; upload your selfie photo and select your program choice from the qualifying Fall 2023 or Winter 2024 programs and then clicking “Submit”. Additional questions may be included on the contest entry form. Entrants must follow MITT at @MITTCanada and @MITTInternational on Facebook and/or Instagram. When posting, entrants must also use hashtags #MITTInternational and #MITT2023. There will be a selfie booth available at the MITT International Open House that entrants can use for this contest but it is not required and points will not be awarded for using it. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. No entries submitted after the Contest Closing Date will be accepted. Photos must include a photo of the future student along with a line stating why they are choosing MITT.
If an entrant is not of the age of majority in Manitoba at the time of entry, the entrant must have a parent or legal guardian's permission to enter the contest and, if a prize winner, may require his/her parent or legal guardian to act on his/her behalf in regard to completing the declaration of eligibility and waiver (see below) and in accepting the prize. All references to entrants and winners are deemed to include references to the parent or legal guardian in the event the entrant or winner is under the age of majority.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to future international MITT students. In order to be eligible, an entrant must not be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Employees, officers, directors and agents of MITT, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in the households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter or win. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- PRIZES: The prizes include one (1) $3000 CAD tuition credit towards a student’s Fall 2023 or Winter 2024 Post-Graduate or Post-Secondary tuition costs at MITT; and two (2) $1500 CAD tuition credits towards any upcoming level of the English for Academic Purposes (EAP), excluding any registration and application costs and fees (the “Prize”). The $3000 CAD Prize can only be used by an admitted student for a Fall 2023 or Winter 2024 Post-Graduate or Post-Secondary program as of April 30, 2023, and cannot be applied to any applicable deposits. The $1500 CAD Prize(s) can only be used by an admitted student for an upcoming level of the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program as of April 30, 2023, and cannot be applied to any applicable deposits. If the winner of the $3000 CAD Prize is not a student enrolled in a full-time Fall 2023/Winter 2024 program at MITT as of the 2nd tuition installment date, the winner shall forfeit the Prize. If the winner(s) of the $1500 CAD Prize(s) is not a student enrolled in the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program at MITT as of the start date of the program, the winner shall forfeit the Prize. The winner(s) will be responsible to pay all tuition and deposit minus the value of the prize. No future credit will be given for any unused portion of the Prize. In the event the winner of the $3000 CAD prize is not a student enrolled in a Fall 2023 or Winter 2024 program at MITT as of April 30, 2023, due to their selected course(s) being full, the winner may – at the sole discretion of MITT – defer the Prize and apply it towards an upcoming intake, subject to the conditions herein.
The Prize is awarded “as is” and is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash, in whole or in part. No substitutions will be made. MITT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize or a component of the Prize for a prize or a component of a prize of equal or greater value. If a student has already paid his or her tuition for Fall 2023 or Winter 2024, MITT will reimburse that student for the value of his or her tuition credit, less any deposits and fees.
- CRITERIA: Entrants must have posted a photo-only based (no video) selfie during the MITT 2023 International Open House Social Media Contest period 9:00 AM (CDT) Tuesday, February 07, 2023, (“Contest Starting Date”) and 4:00 PM (CDT) Friday, February 24, 2023, (“Contest Closing Date”). Photo-based selfies will be evaluated on the following four criterions, which will each rate out of 5 points: Originality, Creativity, statement on why they are choosing MITT, and demonstrate their pride for their home country. By no later than April 1, 2023, at 11 am (CDT) in Winnipeg, Manitoba, MITT will have evaluated the submissions and will have determined the winners of the selfie/photo entry contest. One (1) potential winner for $3000 CAD tuition credit and two (2) potential winners for a $1500 tuition credit will be identified. The selected entrants will be contacted by email and/or telephone within fourteen (14) business days of the Evaluation Date. It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure their electronic mailing address and telephone number are correct. If the selected entrant(s): (i) cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours (including if any notification is returned as undeliverable); (ii) does not respond to MITT’s notification within seventy-two (72) hours as addressed; (iii) is found to be not in compliance with these Official Rules; (iv) declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason; or, (v) is not willing or able to claim the Prize in accordance with the Official Rules, the selected entrant(s) will be disqualified and the next best entrant will be selected until such time as contact is made by email or telephone with a selected entrant or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. MITT will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
- SELECTED ENTRANT: In order to be declared the winner, the selected entrant will be required to (a) execute and return a declaration of eligibility and waiver within fourteen (14) days of the date they are contacted by MITT (or within such longer period as MITT may in its sole discretion allow); (b) apply by April 30, 2023 or within 14 days of the date in which they are originally contacted (whichever is later), if they have not otherwise done so, to be considered as a student in a full-time Fall 2023 or Winter 2024 Post-Graduate or Post-Secondary program at MITT; (c) The selected entrant is subject to all MITT Admissions requirements, policies and deadlines. If the selected entrant does not return the properly executed documents within the specified time period or is ineligible or fails to comply with these Official Rules, or if the selected entrant does not meet Admissions requirements or fails to adhere with established MITT policies and/or deadlines, he or she will be disqualified, the Prize will be forfeited and, at MITT’s discretion, an alternate finalist may be selected from the other participants. The Prizes are merit-based.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. All submissions will immediately become the property of MITT for use in any promotional or recruitment activity in the future. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission, consent and an irrevocable license for MITT to use the winners’ name, photograph, likeness and city or country of residence for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known without any compensation, notification or further permission. The decisions of MITT are final. MITT accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages or claims arising from or caused by the contest or the prizes awarded. MITT reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, withdraw or change the terms of this contest at any time, in its sole discretion, without notice and without liability.
- NO LIABILITY: MITT is not responsible or liable for: (i) unclear, incorrect, outdated, late or inaccurate entry or entry information which may affect a participant’s eligibility or entry; (ii) human errors, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed/corrupted data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, line failures of any communications network, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, including postal system failures or delays; (iii) any inability of a participant to access MITT’s website, any behaviors of websites or mobile device applications, including but not limited to deficiencies, errors and unavailability, which impact a participant’s entry or ability to participate in the Contest, or damage to a user's systems occasioned by participating in the Contest; (iv) entries which fail to fully comply with these Official Rules; or (v) errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, contacting the selected finalists or otherwise appearing in any Contest-related materials. MITT reserves the right to terminate the Contest or amend these Official Rules (or any portion thereof) at any time in whole or in part without notice and for any (or no) reason and, if terminated, MITT may (but shall not be obligated to), at its discretion, award one (1) $3,000 CAD credit and two (2) $1500 CAD tuition credits to participants selected from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such date of termination, subject to the conditions herein as to the declaration of eligibility and waiver.
MITT is not responsible for any unfortunate or unwelcome occurrences and/or damages that may befall participants as a result of entering the Contest. MITT is not responsible for any claims or complaints against infringement of rights or damages from third parties relating to the subject and/or subject matter of entries, and the participant agrees to indemnify and hold MITT harmless in such cases.
- RELEASE: By entering the Contest, each entrant releases, without limitation, MITT, Instagram, Facebook, and any other social media provider, as well as each of their respective affiliated and related companies, their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest and the entrant’s participation therein.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other platform on which the Contest may be promoted.
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.