Information for Students on working with an Agent
MITT works with a global network of authorized recruitment agents who has an official agreement with MITT and knowledgeable of MITT programs and the application process. All authorized agents must represent MITT in a professional manner at all times.
Use of a recruitment agent is not required to apply to MITT. You can apply directly to MITT or complete our contact form if you have questions about applying or require assistance with the application process.
Advice for students who apply with a recruitment agent:
- When selecting a recruitment agent, we strongly recommend using a representative that is an authorized recruitment agent with MITT. MITT only works with agents that have been carefully screened, and thus we encourage you to choose one of our authorized agents if you decide to work with an agency.
- Obtain a breakdown of the agent’s fees and know the cost of each service.
- Review and carefully read the terms of your contract and/or agreement, if you are given one; the contract is between you and the agent (not between you and MITT).
- Your tuition fees must be paid directly to MITT, not the agent. Do not give the agent funds for your tuition and/or related program fees to transfer on your behalf.
- Provide copies of your original documents to agents, and keep the original documents with you at all times.
- Know that recruitment agents are independent consultants and cannot guarantee:
- Admission to an MITT program
- Faster processing times or prioritization of your application (vs. applying without the services of an agent or compared to other agencies)
- Approval of a study permit application
- Ensure that your personal email address is included on your application for admission. MITT sends important admission information to the email address provided with the application.
- In order to authorize an agent to work with MITT on your behalf, you must sign MITT’s Authorization for Release of Student’s Information Form and provide it with your application submission. This form must be completed and signed by you, not by the agent. By signing this form, you are giving your agent permission to communicate with us directly regarding your application.
Information regarding changing, adding and removing agent authorization
Please refer to the MITT Agent Change Policy for more information.
If you have reviewed the Agent Change Policy and still wish to proceed with changing your agent, please download and complete the Agent Change Request Form to initiate the process.
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.