Watch our alumni video
- Book a consultation with us:
- Request more information
Check out more alumni stories here
English Language Institute
Reminiscing about pre-COVID19 socio-cultural experiences and can’t wait to get back to campus soon. In this video, we have captured some moments of 2019-20 programs. At ELI, students go to class five days a week, and participate in exciting socio-cultural activities on Fridays on or off campus. Since March 2020, we have moved our instructions online. With help of our creative instructors, staff and students, we continue to offer socio-cultural Fridays with online activities.
Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
MITT is a public post-secondary institution that develops highly talented graduates for a range of in-demand careers in Manitoba and across Canada. Four words define MITT’s approach to education: Industry Driven. Student Focused.
- MITT has strong ties with industry in Manitoba, including more than 300 practicum and internship partners
- Our labs and classrooms simulate the workplace to immerse students in real-world learning experiences— whether its using state-of-the-art server technology in one of our IT programs or working with public clients, as students in Hairstyling and Health Care programs often do
- Our instructors are industry veterans with strong connections to employers
- All our programs align with in-demand occupations in Manitoba and throughout Canada
- Every program includes MITT’s Work Skills—a series of workshops focused on developing students’ essential and employability skills and teaching them how to effectively write resumes and search for job opportunities
- Our in-house team of academic advisors and counsellors is available to help students succeed in their program
- Our certified immigration advisor provides guidance to international students on matters related to student visas, work permits, and other immigration advice
- Manitoba’s Provincial Nominee Program offers excellent opportunities for graduates wishing to immigrate to our province
Manitoba and Winnipeg
Photo credit: Loic Dufour, ELI summer student
“Friendly Manitoba”, as it is known to many, is the heart of the Canadian Prairies and a province boasting diverse geography, four distinct seasons, unique wildlife—including the celebrated polar bears and beluga whales of Churchill— and vibrant cultural, sport, and art scenes. It is also one of Lonely Planet’s “10 Best Travel Destinations” for 2019. Winnipeg, its capital city, is the most cost-competitive metropolitan in North America, boasts a diverse population and strong entrepreneurial spirit, and is built around rivers and natural landscapes that create year-round opportunities for outdoor fun. MITT campuses are located in safe, easily accessible, suburban communities throughout the city.
Start your journey with us
Your Journey as a Student
Your student journey at MITT, from application to graduation to starting your career.
|Before you apply||Choose your program and make sure you meet entrance requirements|
|Apply online||Go to mitt.ca/apply|
|Upload the documents||We require high quality scans of your original documents:
Original hard copy supporting documents must be sent to MITT for verification prior to the start of class.
|Secure your seat||Receive and accept your offer of admission
Pay the admission deposit
Receive your Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
|Obtain and submit your study permit||Proof of valid study permit must be submitted to admissions at least 30 days before the start of the program
Visit Permits, Visas and More
|Pay your tuition fees||tuition fees|
|Begin classes||Attend orientation
Join a club, volunteer, network
Connect with advisors
Attend work practicum
Build your resume
|Graduate||Cross the stage at Convocation with pride and a really big smile – you did it|
|Find your dream job||Launch your job-search strategy with help from Career Development Services
Land the job of your dreams
Find a program that's right for you!