Get a job working with health professionals on the front lines of patient care. MITT has health care programs to launch your career, including Health Care Aide and and Personal Support Worker, Medical Office Assistant, Rehabilitation Assistant, and Pharmacy Technician Diploma.


Three Health Care Aide students helping a pretend ill student sitting in a hospital bed

This is a uniquely innovative program that combines a health care aide specialization with unit clerk training to enhance the employability of graduates in the high demand area of health care. This program provides the knowledge and skills to gain entry-level employment in the health care environment as a Health Care Assistant or Health Care Aide.

Three Medical Office Assistant students watching their teacher taking a students temperature in a mock doctors office setting

When you take our Medical Office Assistant program, you can be an administrative member of an increasingly growing health care team. You would be prepared to provide administrative support to medical professionals in hospitals, physicians and specialists’ offices, as well as any health authority in the province. Our program will prepare you to be able to handle the demands of our current and emerging health care system.

Two Pharmacy Technician students practicing separating medications within a classroom setting

In modern pharmacy practice, the pharmacy technician’s role is essential to meeting the ever-increasing demands for health care efficiency and improved patient experience. Today, pharmacy technicians are entrusted with assisting in preparing medications, collecting medical histories, and educating patients – all of which allow the pharmacist more time to focus on patient care.

Rehabilitation Assistant student working with their teacher between two balancing poles that helps them take small steps at walking

The Rehabilitation Assistant program provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide safe and competent rehabilitative care to clients and their families. Rehabilitation Assistants perform their duties under the supervision of a Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and/or Physical Therapist. Program content includes a variety of frequently encountered rehabilitation simulations. Effective communication and client safety are the focus of these simulations.

Connect with an
international recruitment specialist

Do you have questions about a program? Want to know how to get started? Our experienced advisors are here to help. Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch shortly.

Frequently Asked

You can see which program are currently available for international students here.
Full information for International students applying to MITT can be found here.
As an institution dedicated to student success, we recommend you find a program that fits your career goals. Check out the resources on the Career Development Services page or email for more information.
While we do not offer student residences, our campuses are located in safe and vibrant neighbourhoods in South Winnipeg. Please refer to the resources found here.
Check out the programs listed by the campus [PDF] chart as well as campus maps for Fultz [PDF], Henlow [PDF], and Pembina [PDF].
From an English exempt country, proficiency in English may be demonstrated by one of the following methods:
As a public institution, MITT is pleased to offer international students an affordable post-secondary education experience. Tuition and fees vary by program. For program-specific details, please view Tuition & Fees.
Please find more information on how you can be eligible for a PGWP, visit this page: PGWP (Post-Graduation Work Permit). To learn more about applying to PGWP, Contact International Recruitment.
The international Recruitment Team hosts a bi-weekly MITT International Cafe where we connect with small groups of prospective international students, provide program advice, and answer any questions they may have.

MITT also has a team of regional recruitment specialists who provide real-time support to students in their home countries. These are independent consultants under contract with MITT. Connect with our Regional Recruitment Specialists.

For additional support, please email us.
You need a study permit if your course or program is longer than 6 months. To learn more about study permits and visas, visit this page: PGWP (Post-Graduation Work Permit).
Every international student at MITT is enrolled in a mandatory health plan which gives students access to health care services. For more information regarding the coverage and details please refer to the following site.

Website: International Student Health Insurance.
If you are an authorized agent, please refer to our International Recruitment Agents web page. If you would like to become a recruitment agent with MITT, please email our agents email address.