MITT is now using Zoom for Orientation as well as all classes and lectures. While social distancing and campus closures are in place, students will communicate with their instructors, student advisors and classmates primarily with Zoom.
What you will need:
- laptop with webcam
- headset with mic
- USB stick
- adequate internet connection (1-4 Mbps)
- a quiet and safe environment with as few distractions as possible
Note: Students are not required to purchase a Zoom user account in order to access their MITT classes online.
Spring 2020 students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with Zoom before classes begin in May.
If you are unsure how to use Zoom or would like to learn how to use more of it's features, visit the Zoom Youtube Channel for short, easy to follow user tutorials.
Zoom Support during Covid-19 includes links to tutorials, demonstrations, and training sessions.
Tips for Online Studies:
- Check your computer and internet connection to make sure you have a reliable connection to your online classes.
- Know your daily schedule. Lectures will be online in real-time according to your program schedule. Make sure you set aside time each day to participate.
- Follow your course outlines. Just like in-person classes, knowing your course outline is important to stay organized and know what you need to study ahead of time for the next online class.
- Ask questions! If you have questions about using Zoom, your course outline, or anything presented in your class, connect right away with your instructor or Student Services for help.
We are planning on recording sessions. More details will follow soon.
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.