Starting Your MITT Program Soon?
On this page
- Go-to departments and services for new students
- Important info for all new MITT students
- COVID-19 Resources
- Are there changes in program delivery due to COVID-19?
- When does my program start?
- Which campus will my classes be located/take place?
- How do I register for courses in my program?
- What will my overall schedule look like?
- What about Orientation?
- Are my Classes Online? On-Campus?
- Help! I’m having technical difficulties! How do I get access to the Student Portal or MyLearning?
- What online learning platform will I be using?
- Why do I need an MITT student email account?
- Do I need to purchase supplies?
- When and where can I buy my textbooks?
- Must know student policies for a hassle-free start
- When is my tuition due?
- International student resources for a safe arrival
Recently admitted to MITT? Welcome! If you have questions about the start of your upcoming program, you’ve come to the right page. Use the links to the right to navigate to the answers you need. If you have a question that isn’t answered here, please contact 204-989-6500.
Client Service Representatives (CSR):
- Information about: student cards, lockers, bus passes, food on-campus
- Fee Payment Information
- Student Services
- Academic advising, learning supports, counseling, accessibility services
- Career exploration, job search, resume and interview support
International Student Supports:
Please ensure we have your current contact info on file. Check your Student Portal and update your email address and other contact information if needed.
During the pandemic, it is important that MITT can contact you with updates and critical information such as campus closures or potential Covid-19 exposures. MITT will communicate with students via personal email, MITT email address and D2L Brightspace where applicable.
Two pages that should be on your daily checklist to keep updated about changing public health orders and campus status (also don’t forget to check your personal and MITT email daily!):
And some additional resources for managing online learning from home and building personal and academic resiliency:
Due to the intensive, hands on nature of MITT’s programs and the importance of on-campus delivery for students’ success, MITT will be delivering your program in a blended delivery model, with some course components online and hands-on learning on campus.
Due to the challenges raised by COVID-19, MITT reserves the right to alter course delivery methods and/or program durations. Course deliveries may require increased percentages of online/distance learning components, alternatives to work practicums, and extended program durations to accommodate physical distancing and work practicum placement restrictions. MITT will be providing an exceptional level of enhanced student and program supports to ensure this modified program experience continues to meet all required learning outcomes for your program.
Important Dates: Find upcoming dates including orientation, program start dates and on-campus start dates
- Closer to your program start date, we will automatically register you for courses. For additional information on the courses in your program, check out the Program pages, and click on “course information”. Your course registration will appear in the Student Portal.
- It is important to note, while course registration will appear in the Student Portal, you will need to login to MyLearning for course information and messages from your instructors, etc.
- Login to MyLearning with your MITT student email address.
- Your account for MyLearning will not be active until the start of classes.
Be sure to check your Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to confirm if you were admitted to a day or evening program. Students admitted into post-secondary programs can expect the following:
- Day Programs:
- Monday through Friday from 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. (with scheduled breaks)
- Evening Programs:
- Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (with scheduled breaks)
Students admitted into post-graduate programs can expect the following:
- Monday through Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Visit our Orientation page and please watch your email for messages about orientation and your first week of classes. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, orienation sessions will be held online.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, MITT will be delivering your program in a blended delivery model, with some course components online and hands-on learning on campus. Blended learning is a style of education where students learn through electronic and online media as well as traditional face-to-face teaching.
Some programs will start on-campus. Others will start online. All online programs will shift to on-campus learning on a specific date (subject to public health orders). See our Important Dates page for details.
You must be prepared to attend on-campus when on-campus delivery for your program starts.
# 11 - Help! I’m having technical difficulties! How do I get access to the Student Portal or MyLearning?
- To login to MyLearning https://mylearning.mitt.ca – use your @student.mitt.ca email account. If you did not receive your login information, please email MyLearning@mitt.ca
- To login to the Student Portal - visit: https://mitt.ca/current-students/student-portal
- If you did not receive your login information, please click here for support.
- Technical requirements for online learning
- Visit our Zoom Resources and Online Learning Support pages for information, tips and tricks.
MyLearning (Brightspace) software platform for learning and training
To use the MyLearning platform, log in at http://mylearning.mitt.ca – use your @student.mitt.ca email account.
(If you have not yet received email login instructions, your @student.mitt.ca email account is not yet active).
MITT secondary, post-secondary and post-graduate students will receive an @student.mitt.ca email address. This will be one of the primary ways MITT and your instructors will contact you and you need to use this email to log in to MyLearning.
You’ll be emailed log in instructions (sent to your personal account). If you have not yet received email login instructions, your @student.mitt.ca email account is not yet active.
Please continue to regularly check your personal email address that you have been using to communicate with MITT. Check your Student Portal and update your email address and other contact information if needed.
Supply Lists – Program by program details about required supplies
*Note: You will receive more information about purchasing textbooks and other program-related expenses from your instructors at the beginning of your program.
For the tuition refund policy and student withdrawal forms, please visit our Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refunds page.
Non-payment of tuition fees by the required deadline(s) will result in a student’s withdrawal from the program.
Students who withdraw or are suspended from their program are subject to MITT’s Tuition Refund Schedule.
MITT Immigration Services Advisor/ Pre-Arrival Help Line
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.