Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refunds
In the event that a program is cancelled, students are eligible for a full refund of application fees, deposits and tuition fees previously paid.
All programs are subject to cancellation due to insufficient enrolment.
Options for Post-Secondary/Post-Graduate Program Withdrawal
Follow the instructions for withdrawing, below, based on the situation that applies to you.
It is the students' responsibility to confirm their decision to withdraw from their MITT program by submitting a withdrawal form (see options below). The effective date of withdrawal is the date the completed withdrawal form is received by MITT.
Students remain enrolled in their program until an appropriate withdrawal form has been submitted. If a withdrawal form is not received, enrollment continues and failing grades will be assigned on the final transcript.
Applicant who has not been admitted yet:
To formally withdraw your application, please email email@example.com from the email account associated with your application and include your full name, MITT student number, the program and intake applied to.
Admitted student whose program has not started
To formally withdraw from your program prior to the first day of classes (as indicated on your Letter of Acceptance), complete the Admitted Student Withdrawal Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who withdraw may be eligible for a refund of tuition and fees. For detailed information about refunds see the Refund Policies below. A refund may be reduced by non-refundable fees as of the start date of your program and any outstanding debts such as tuition and fees, textbooks, kits and miscellaneous supplies or equipment.
Students may find it helpful to seek advice from one of our student advisors to confirm their understanding of potential academic and financial consequences of program withdrawal. For the option to chat with a student advisor, email email@example.com.
Post-secondary and/or post-graduate students interested in returning to a program following a gap in their studies are asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on requesting a deferral of admission can be found here.
Other Program Withdrawal Forms
- Construction Labourer Certificate Program
- Lifelong Learning Institute Programming
- Lifelong Learning Institute - Cyber Security Micro-Certificate Courses
Refund Policies and Schedule
Please refer to the documents below:
- Student Withdrawal Policy
- Tuition Refund Schedule
- Special COVID-19 Tuition Refund Policy – Study Permit Refusal
- Special COVID-19 Tuition Refund Policy is applicable only to the following intakes: Winter 2021, Spring 2021, Fall 2021 and Winter 2022
- Construction Labourer Certificate Tuition Refund Schedule
- Lifelong Learning Institute Tuition Refund Schedule - Part-time Programming
- Lifelong Learning Institute Tuition Refund Schdeule - Cyber Security Micro-Certificate Courses
How to Request Funds after Your Withdrawal has been Approved
Once your program withdrawal has been approved, and you are eligible for a refund please complete the appropriate form below. Email your completed forms to email@example.com Refunds may take 6-8 weeks to process.
- My bank account is held at a Canadian Financial Institution - Refund Form [pdf]
- My bank account is held at a Foreign Financial Institution - Refund Form [pdf]
Refunds and Student Loans
Educational institutions are required by law to forward any refund for student loan recipients directly to the lending institution for the reduction of student loan debt.
Refunds and Sponsored Students
Educational institutions are required by Education Training Services and other sponsoring agencies to forward any refunds directly to third parties who paid tuition on behalf of a student.
Updated: July 2021