Winnipeg Construction Association supports MITT students with $125,000 donation

Originally posted: July 04, 2024

A giant cheque being given to Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
Jana Thorsteinson, VP, External and Corporate Affairs, MITT; Frank Gallo, Dean, ICT, Technology and Trades, MITT; Neil Cooke, President and CEO, MITT; Ron Hambley, President, WCA; Roger Tuk, Board Chair, WCA

The Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT) is pleased to announce a generous donation of $125,000 from the Winnipeg Construction Association (WCA) in support of MITT’s student award program. WCA members joined MITT faculty and staff to celebrate the gift announcement and cheque presentation at a donor appreciation reception held on Monday, June 17, in MITT's Carpentry Lab.  

“I would like to thank the Winnipeg Construction Association for their generous support," said Neil Cooke, President and CEO of MITT. "Thank you for believing in the work that we do. This donation will play a pivotal role in the success of our students and the growth of our institution.”

Roger Tuk, Board Chair, WCA, expressed the WCA's commitment to supporting the next generation of trades professionals. "The Winnipeg Construction Association is proud to support MITT and its mission to provide top-notch training to future tradespeople. We believe that by investing in education and providing opportunities for students to succeed, we are investing in the future of our industry and our community."

The $125,000 endowment will ensure a sustainable source of funding for scholarships and bursaries, helping to alleviate the financial challenges faced by many students pursuing careers in construction while also acknowledging their hard work and commitment to academic excellence. This investment will enhance access to MITT’s quality education and foster the development of skilled professionals who will contribute to the construction industry and the Manitoba economy.

MITT extends its heartfelt thanks to WCA and its members for their continued support and longtime partnership. Together, we are building a brighter future for our students and province.

Find Your New Career

If you're not sure how to take that next step, our Career Services team can help you connect your interests with the right courses to launch a new career. Find salary potential and career pathways for hundreds of careers in Manitoba.

Career Services 1

Student Services

Several services are offered to assist students in fulfilling their goals at the Institute. Child care, tutor programs, and much more.

STUDENT SERVICES 1

Questions?

EMAIL US 1