Colin Kelly appointed as the Vice-President, Academic at MITT

Originally posted: November 27, 2023

Colin Kelly professional photo
Colin Kelly, Vice-President, Academic

Colin Kelly, a seasoned and dynamic academic leader, will join the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT) as the new Vice-President, Academic on December 4, 2023.

“Kelly is a natural leader who deeply understands the college environment and the importance of working closely with industry and community,” said Neil Cooke, President and CEO, MITT. “He is passionate about access to education, removing barriers, and creating an excellent and meaningful student experience.”

Kelly comes to MITT from Confederation College in Thunder Bay, Ontario, where he was the Dean of Engineering Technology, Trades, and Aviation. Prior to that, he served as their Director of Applied Research. Over the years, Colin has taught at Aurora College in the Northwest Territories and Lakehead University in Thunder Bay.

Kelly has extensive experience co-chairing Confederation College’s capital campaign to build a multimillion-dollar Technology, Education, and Collaboration Hub on campus.

“Like many places across Canada, Manitoba’s businesses and industries are starving for skilled workers. I am excited to join MITT and play a critical role in ensuring that our graduates are employment-ready,” said Kelly. “I am also looking forward to furthering many partnerships that MITT holds with Indigenous communities, educational bodies, and organizations who share our value in removing barriers for students.”

Before moving into academics, Kelly worked in community development with the Ontario provincial government, managing large portfolios in various sectors. He has proven to be a great partner in the community to private and public sectors and Indigenous communities.

Kelly fills the gap left by Neil Cooke’s appointment to President and CEO. Kelly holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours) from Guelph University and a Master of Science in Forestry from Lakehead University.

Find Your New Career

If you're not sure how to take that next step, our Career Services team can help you connect your interests with the right courses to launch a new career. Find salary potential and career pathways for hundreds of careers in Manitoba.

Career Services 1

Student Services

Several services are offered to assist students in fulfilling their goals at the Institute. Child care, tutor programs, and much more.

STUDENT SERVICES 1

Questions?

EMAIL US 1