Convocation returning to in-person ceremony

Originally posted: April 20, 2022

The Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology is pleased to announce that for the first time since 2019, we will hold our annual convocation ceremony in-person. The ceremony will take place on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at the RBC Convention Centre. The number of ceremonies and their start times are still being determined.

“We are thrilled to offer our students the opportunity to cross the stage, receive their certificates or diplomas and celebrate their achievements, surrounded by their classmates,” says Ray Karasevich, President and CEO, of MITT. “These students have had to be flexible to accommodate the ongoing in-person and remote requirements, so we are very pleased to be able to commemorate their accomplishments together.”

The return to in-person ceremonies, after two years of online convocations, is being made with careful consideration following a survey that was sent to all upcoming graduates to gauge their comfort level in attending this type of in-person event. Senior leadership has noted this decision was taken very seriously and wants to ensure all those who will be in attendance that extra precautionary measures will be taken.

Over the coming weeks, full details will be provided to the MITT community about convocation proceedings. Students who are eligible to graduate will be contacted directly with additional information.

Updated information will also be available on MITT’s Convocation 2022 page.

Twitter Facebook Share on:

Find Your New Career

If you're not sure how to take that next step, our Career Services team can help you connect your interests with the right courses to launch a new career. Find salary potential and career pathways for hundreds of careers in Manitoba.

Career Services 1

Student Services

Several services are offered to assist students in fulfilling their goals at the Institute. Child care, tutor programs, and much more.

STUDENT SERVICES 1

Questions?

Call us at 204-989-6500

EMAIL US 1