MITT receives federal funding for Indigenous-focused micro-credential

Originally posted: April 07, 2021

The Future Skill Centre (FSC), announced a $32 million investment into real-time training, upskilling, and research programming for workers and employers in Canada. MITT's micro-credential pilot was one of 64 successful project applicants through FSC's Shock-proofing the Future of Work Challenge, which are aimed at promoting workforce resilience and target sectors, regions, and populations facing acute employment needs due to social and economic shocks.

By investing in skills innovation, the launch of these projects aim to address the ongoing challenges towards a sustainable long-term recovery.

According to Marnie Groeneveld, Acting Executive Director, Business Development and Strategic Initiatives, MITT's pilot project will focus on training surrounding the core MITT Work Skills, including adaptability, collaboration, communication, problem solving, initiative, adaptability and professionalism. The micro-credential will be delivered to students in MITT's Construction Labourer Certificate program and will benefit them by providing skills employers are looking for, and that are transferable between jobs and sectors. 

Learn more about MITT's project, here

Twitter Facebook Share on:

Find Your New Career

If you're not sure how to take that next step, our Career Services team can help you connect your interests with the right courses to launch a new career. Find salary potential and career pathways for hundreds of careers in Manitoba.

Career Services 1

Student Services

Several services are offered to assist students in fulfilling their goals at the Institute. Child care, tutor programs, and much more.

STUDENT SERVICES 1

Questions?

Call us at 204-989-6500

EMAIL US 1