MANITOBA/CANADA STUDENT LOANS
To qualify for a Manitoba/Canada Student Loan, full-time students are required to:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or be designated as a Protected Person
- Be a permanent resident of a province or territory that issues Canada Student Loans (ie. Manitoba)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Maintain satisfactory attendance during studies
- Pass a credit check if you are 22 years of age or older and applying for a Canada Student Loan for the first time
- Maintain satisfactory academic standards if you have already applied for and received a Canada Student Loan in the past
To apply for a government student loan, students must submit an application through their province of residence. Manitoba residents can apply online at www.studentaid.gov.mb.ca.
For further information, please refer to the Canada Student Loans website at www.canlearn.ca.
Students: If you applied for a student loan late or you know it will not arrive before the MITT tuition payment deadline, you can provide MITT Finance a copy of the "My Assessment Details" page from your MySAO online account with MB Student Aid.
This information confirms your loan amount. MITT will use this to verify that your tuition will be paid and you will not be charged late fees or lose your seat in your program.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.