Earn Your High School Diploma and Get Essential Trades Training
YouthBuild MITT Winnipeg offers academic, vocational and on-the-job training. The program involves Indigenous learners at the community level, encourages them to stay in school, develop their self-esteem, develop a career plan and acquire more responsibility.
MITT YouthBuild has a proven success record in regards to students graduating and securing employment. The program integrates academics, employability skills, leadership development and entrepreneurship. Students have access to a social worker, elder and employment resources. Many cultural activities are planned throughout the school year. One of the pillars of the YouthBuild program is the practicum, where students are able to apply their knowledge and skills on a real jobsite.
EXPLORATION TO TRADES
This program offers for-credit high school courses which include Woodworking, Construction Technology, Mathematics and English Language Arts at the Grade 12 level. Essential Skills and employment readiness outcomes are integrated into all courses. Students will have the opportunity to obtain various safety certificates and their Driver’s License. In the later part of the school year students will participate in construction related work experience. Upon successful completion students will graduate with a Mature High School Diploma.
CARPENTRY- LEVEL 1
This program is accredited by Apprenticeship Manitoba and follows the Carpentry Level 1 Apprenticeship Manitoba program and integrates as Essential Skills into all courses to enhance employability skills and job readiness. Students will train with the goal of securing long term employment in the construction and renovation industry. A work practicum is included in this program. All hours accrued can be applied towards the Apprenticeship Manitoba Carpentry Level 1 certification.
Completion of the YouthBuild programs can lead to employment in the construction industry and/or other post-secondary and employment opportunities.
All applicants will be asked to participate in an intake assessment process to determine if they possess minimum program entrance requirements that will provide them with the best opportunity to complete the program and operate safely in a construction environment. All inquiries can be addressed to email@example.com or 204-615-4930.
View the YouthBuild brochure (PDF)
- Acquire classroom theory and on the job training.
- YouthBuild students have gone into apprenticeships and found employment in the trades and construction industry. The program helps the students to gain confidence and to acquire employability skills.
- For students between the ages of 19-35 who want to start making positive changes to better their lives.
- YouthBuild offers academic, vocational, and on the job training. It involves young adults at the community level and provides an opportunity for them to stay in school, develop their self-esteem, develop a career plan and acquire more responsibility.
- Strong emphasis on traditional Indigenous values. We provide our students with much individual attention and support.
- Students learn about the construction and wood-working trades and earn credits towards their high school diploma. There is also an opportunity to earn English and Math credits.
Program Duration and Times: Monday to Friday, 9:00 pm to 3:30 pm, September to June
Location: Social Enterprise Centre – Suite #308-765 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB Directions
For more information, please contact us: