Hairstyling (High School)
Use your creativty in the growing Hairstyling industry. Life long learning is a neccessary requirement to keep up with the latest trends and is a major part of this career.
At A Glance
Duration2 years part-time
CredentialHigh School Credits
additional supplies$420.00 (purchased by student)
*Fees, books and supplies may be subject to change.
Next start dates:
- September 2018
- September 2019
Classes held half-days:
- September 2018 New Students: 12:30 pm to 3:15pm (Students will remain in the PM slot for year 1 & 2)
- September 2019 New Students: 8:45 am to 11:30 am (Students will remain in AM slot for year 1 & 2)
Applicants should be currently enrolled in or have successfully completed credits or the equivalent standing from a Canadian school in:
- Grade 10 Math (20S)
- Grade 10 English Language Arts (20F)
Supply lists are provided to students in their admissions package.
The MITT hairstyling program provides the competitive edge to succeed. Studying in our full-service salon, students will have the opportunity to practice and perform all types of classic styling techniques, as well as barbering and advanced haircutting techniques, colour or chemical texture services. The hairstyling program is accredited by Apprenticeship Manitoba and is designed in consultation with industry to ensure the curriculum meets employer’s needs.
In order to receive credit for Level 1 In-School Apprenticeship Training, students must:
- register as an apprentice upon being enrolled at MITT;
- successfully complete this program with a minimum average of 70% in both theory and practical;
- pass the Manitoba Apprenticeship Practical Exam (administered at MITT);
- attain a minimum of 100 hours in employed hairstyling experience; and
- gain employment in a salon within 2 years of graduating.