MITT High School
MITT High School applications for the 2018-2019 academic year are now closed. Information regarding the 2019-2020 academic year will be available in Fall/Winter 2018.
MITT is host to Manitoba's first public technical and trades high school within a post-secondary institution. Students finish high school while simultaneously earning credits towards a post-secondary certificate or diploma. You get a flexible schedule, receiving both technical and academic training each day.
If you are a teenager who wants to work in a high demand trade or technical occupation and you want to get there by the time most of your friends will be leaving high school for their first post-secondary experience, MITT High School is the right choice. If you are interested in our MITT High School program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204.989.8328 for more information.
What do I need to know?
- Two-year academic program for high school students entering grades 11 and 12
- Unique hybrid model geared towards high school students wanting a head start in a long-term career
- Students have the potential to earn a Manitoba high school diploma from the Senior Years Technology Education Program and a technical-vocational certificate from MITT
- Students will attend half the day in their technical program and the other half of the day in the MITT High School classroom learning academic compulsory and optional courses
- The MITT High School classroom is located in the Henlow Campus and consists of all MITT High School students from other technical-vocational program areas
- The MITT High School Teacher will deliver the following courses: English Language Arts 30S/40S, Mathematics 30S/40S, and Physical/Health Education 30F/40F
- Web-based courses from the Department of Education are available for students seeking additional credits for post-secondary entrance requirements
- Technical program classrooms are blended and may consist of other secondary, post-secondary, and international students
MITT High School Technical Programs
- Auto Mechanics (Henlow Campus)
- CAD Technician (Henlow Campus)
- Carpentry (7 Fultz Campus)
- Culinary Arts and Design (Henlow Campus)
- Electrical Applications (7 Fultz Campus)
- Graphic and Print Technician (7 Fultz Campus)
- Hairstyling (Henlow Campus)
- Industrial Electronics (7 Fultz Campus)
- Industrial Mechanic/Millwright (Henlow Campus)
- Industrial Welding (Henlow Campus)
- Motosport Technician (Henlow Campus)
MITT High School Entrance Requirements
- Successful completion of Grade 9 English Language Arts, Mathematics, Physical/Health Education, Science, and Social Studies
- Successful completion of Grade 10 English Language Arts, Mathematics, Physical/Health Education, Science, and Social Studies
MITT High School Application Process
If you are interested in becoming a MITT High School student, please email email@example.com or call 204.989.8328 for more information.
Search for a Program
Displaying 11 programs that match your search criteria
- Auto Mechanics (High School)
- CAD Technician (High School)
- Carpentry (High School)
- Culinary Arts & Design (High School)
- Electrical Applications (High School)
- Graphic and Print Technician (High School)
- Hairstyling (High School)
- Industrial Electronics (High School)
- Industrial Mechanic / Millwright (High School)
- Industrial Welding (High School)
- Motosport Technician (High School)
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.