MITT High School
MITT High School applications for the 2019 - 2020 academic year are now closed. Information regarding the 2020 - 2021 academic year will be available on February 1, 2020.
MITT is host to Manitoba's first public technical and trades high school within a post-secondary institution. Students finish high school while simultaneously earning credits towards a post-secondary certificate. You get a flexible schedule, receiving both technical and academic training each day.
If you are a teenager who wants to work in a high demand trade or technical occupation and you want to get there by the time most of your friends will be leaving high school for their first post-secondary experience, MITT High School is the right choice.
What do I need to know?
- Two-year academic program for high school students entering grades 11 and 12
- Unique hybrid model geared towards high school students wanting a head start in a long-term career
- Students have the potential to earn a Manitoba high school diploma from the Senior Years Technology Education Program and a technical-vocational certificate from MITT
- Students will attend half the day in their technical program and the other half of the day in the MITT High School classroom learning academic compulsory and optional courses
- The MITT High School classroom is located in the Henlow Campus and consists of all MITT High School students from other technical-vocational program areas
- The MITT High School Teacher will deliver the following courses: English Language Arts 30S/40S, Mathematics 30S/40S, and Physical/Health Education 30F/40F
- Web-based courses from the Department of Education are available for students seeking additional credits for post-secondary entrance requirements
- Technical program classrooms are blended and may consist of other secondary, post-secondary, and international students
- Please review the MITT High School Fact Sheet below for more detailed information
MITT High School Technical Programs
- Auto Mechanics (Henlow Campus)
- CAD Technician (Henlow Campus)
- Culinary Arts and Design (Henlow Campus)
- Electrical Applications (7 Fultz Campus)
- Graphic and Print Technician (7 Fultz Campus) All seats are now filled.
- Hairstyling (Henlow Campus)
- Industrial Electronics (7 Fultz Campus)
- Industrial Welding (Henlow Campus) All seats are now filled.
- Motosport Technician (Henlow Campus) All seats are now filled.
MITT High School Entrance Requirements
- Successful completion of Grade 9 English Language Arts, Mathematics, Physical/Health Education, Science, and Social Studies
- Successful completion of Grade 10 English Language Arts, Mathematics, Physical/Health Education, Science, and Social Studies
MITT High School Application Process
Please send the following applicant information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- MITT Technical Program of Interest
- Applicant’s Name
- Applicant’s Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Current Grade
- Current School
- School Division
- Parent or Guardian’s Full Name
- Parent or Guardian’s Phone Number
- Parent or Guardian’s Email Address
- Relationship to Applicant
- Agency Name (If Applicable)
- is the applicant currently accessing educational supports? (e.g. course adaptations, educational assistant, resource teacher, etc.)
Eligible applicants will receive an invitation for a MITT High School pre-enrolment meeting. This meeting will consist of a campus tour and will cover MITT High School’s framework and admission process.
Other High School Programs at MITT
High school students enrolled in the Pembina Trails, Louis Riel, or DSFM school divisions can access technical vocational training at MITT through the High School Partnership Program while completing their academics at their home school. For more information, please contact your school counsellor or visit High School Partnership Programs.
MITT Partnered Adult Learning Centres
MITT’s partnered Adult Learning Centres (ALCs) offer course upgrading for post-secondary applicants and high school programming for mature students, ages 19 and over. For more information, please visit Adult Learning Centres.
Search for a Program
Displaying 10 programs that match your search criteria
- Auto Mechanics (High School)
- CAD Technician (High School)
- Carpentry (High School)
- Culinary Arts & Design (High School)
- Electrical Applications (High School)
- Graphic and Print Technician (High School)
- Hairstyling (High School)
- Industrial Electronics (High School)
- Industrial Welding (High School)
- Motosport Technician (High School)
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.