REDI Program: A pathway from ESL classes into employment
MITT’s new REDI Program is a pathway for newcomers to Winnipeg with low language levels to bridge from ESL classes to employment. We specialize in preparing students for a job by providing both employment specific training and a range of employability skills needed to retain employment. Our instructors are highly-qualified and dedicated to helping students improve their grasp of English and find work. MITT’s REDI Program provides six months of free workplace English language training PLUS specific training to prepare you for a job in the manufacturing industry or the food services industry.
Call 204.989.6434 to for more information.
- English for Work
- Essential Skills
- Workplace Culture
- Job Specific Training
Eligible Applicants will:
- Have come to Canada as a refugee
- Be receiving RAP or EIA benefits or be at risk for EIA benefits
- Have a Canadian language Benchmark (CLB) between 1 and 3
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be currently unemployed and looking for work
- Be able to attend programming full-time, Monday to Friday between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM
- Have childcare in place (if applicable)
- Have an interest in working in a manufacturing or restaurant environment
Marvin Marcial, Program Liaison Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT)
609 Erin Street
Winnipeg, MB R3G 2W1
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.