Please note that MITT is closed from December 23 to January 1 for the holidays. Most online applications will be closed during this time. Please check program pages for application availability, and be sure to check back in January for any updates!
Admission requirements for some programs have changed; be sure to review the current information on the program pages before applying!
- Medical Administrative Assistant program: Effective Fall 2018, this program will be re-named Medical Office Assistant.
- Early Childhood Education: Effective Fall 2018, we will be offering a 2-year diploma program and will cease offering a 1-year certificate program. This two year accredited program will prepare students to register as ECE IIs in Manitoba. Students who have completed the prior one year certificate may be eligible for direct entry into year two.
Application, Deposit and Tuition Fees
- Each ELI and post-secondary program application will require the payment of a unique application fee.
- Fees for Fall 2018, Winter 2019 and Spring 2019:
- $100 for certificate and diploma programs
- $125 for post-graduate programs
- International Document Assessment Fee: Effective Fall 2018, students with international credentials requiring evaluation will also be charged a $65 fee, for each post-secondary application submitted.
- All application fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Upon receiving an offer of admission, applicants are required to pay an admission deposit. This deposit is applied against the total amount of tuition owing.
- Effective Fall 2018 and forward, admission deposits have increased:
- Domestic: $400
- International: $1000, or $2,000 for post-graduate programs
- All admission deposits are now non-refundable and non-transferrable*
*In instances where an international applicant has received a study permit denial, deposits may be refundable. Please see our Refund Policy for more information.
Tuition and fees
- Tuition fees for Fall 2018, Winter 2019 and Spring 2019 have now been posted on each program page.
- Other fees (e.g. Infrastructure & Technology Fee) are subject to change.
A number of policy changes have been approved, and are effective Fall 2018. Students applying for a program in Fall 2018 or forward should review these rules before applying. Changes include:
Applicants may have only two (2) post-secondary programs within a given Academic Year.
e.g. The 2018-2019 Academic Year consists of Fall 2018, Winter 2019 and Spring 2019 programs.
Applicants who submit more than two applications will be required to identify the two that they wish to proceed with; this may delay the processing of applications. Application fees are non-refundable.
Application transfers and deferrals
Applications may not be transferred between programs, or deferred to a future intake. Applicants wishing to change the program or intake for which they applied must submit a new application, and pay a new, non-refundable, application fee.
Domestic and international applicants are required to provide final, official documents as a part of the application process. Until these are received, applications are considered incomplete and no offer of admission will be granted.
What is an official document?
- Documents in English: Original or notarized copies only. Certified copies or copies stamped by Commissioner of Oaths are not considered official. Documents do not need to be sealed in an envelope by the issuing institution, however, they need to be in good condition, and all seals and stamps clearly visible.
- Documents in another language: Original or notarized copies only, accompanied by a notarized or certified English translation (original or notated copy of the translation only accepted as well). Self-translations or translations done by an individual or company that is not certified is not acceptable.
'Early Admission' for students in Canada
There is a new admission category for students studying at a high school within Canada, called Early Admission. Student who apply by the Early Admission deadline (December 1) are eligible for early, conditional, admission using their final grade 11 transcript. A limited number of Early Admission seats are available. Final admission is dependent on successful completion of all grade 12 admission requirements.
International students who have been admitted to a post-secondary program must provide proof of a valid study permit at least 30 days before the start of the program. If a valid study permit cannot be presented by this time, admission will be automatically deferred to the next available intake.
Note: A student whose admission is deferred to an intake where the program admission requirements have changed will be subject to the new requirements.
An admitted student (who has accepted an Offer of Admission and has paid an admission deposit) may defer their admission up to 30 days before the start of the program; admission will be deferred one time only, to the next available intake, and no new admission deposit will be required.
Any request received less than 30 days from the start of the program will not be granted; if the student is unable to attend, they will be required to withdraw and re-apply.
Note: A student who defers their admission to an intake where the program admission requirements have changed will be subject to the new requirements.
Where an applicant gains admission to more than one post-secondary program in the same Academic Year, they will be required to choose only one. Any admission deposit already paid for an offer that has already been accepted is non-refundable*.
*In instances where and international applicant has received a study permit denial, deposits may be refundable. Please see our Refund Policy for more information.
Credit Transfer will only be considered for a student who has been admitted to a program, i.e. a student who has accepted an Offer of Admission and has paid an admission deposit. Credit Transfer must be requested using the appropriate form 30 days before the start of the program. Students interested in requesting Credit Transfer are expected to read the Credit Transfer Policy.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.