Student Loans, Awards and Bursaries
MITT AWARDS AND BURSARIES
MITT and our industry partners are proud to support a number of student awards and bursaries throughout the school year.
Bursaries are offered in the Fall and Winter each year, and are available to students with a demonstrated financial need and minimum academic standing. Bursaries are intended to provide support for living expenses while studying. Watch the MITT website in September and February for information on how to apply.
MITT Graduate Awards recognize the achievements of our graduating students. MITT Program Excellence and industry sponsored awards are based on grades, practicum performance, leadership, as well as citizenship and volunteerism. Graduating students are nominated by their instructors and are recognized during the graduation ceremony each June.
To qualify for a Canada Student Loan, full-time students are required to:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or be designated as a Protected Person
- Be a permanent resident of a province or territory that issues Canada Student Loans
- Demonstrate financial need
- Maintain satisfactory attendance
- Pass a credit check if you are 22 years of age or older and applying for a Canada Student Loan for the first time
- Maintain satisfactory scholastic standard if you have already applied for and received a Canada Student Loan in the past
To apply for a Canada Student Loan, students must submit an application through their province of residence. Manitoba residents can apply online at www.studentaid.gov.mb.ca.
For further information, please refer to the Canada Student Loans website at www.canlearn.ca.
If you have applied for a Canada Student Loan but it has not arrived in time to pay your MITT tuition, students must provide MITT Finance a copy of their Notice of Assistance. The Notice of Assistance is provided to students after their loan application is submitted and provides confirmation of the loan amount. MITT will use the Notice of Assistance to verify that your student loan is going to be used to pay your tuition.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.