Student Loans, Awards and Bursaries
MITT STUDENT BURSARIES & GRADUATE AWARDS
MITT and our industry partners are proud to support a growing number of student bursaries and awards throughout the school year.
Bursaries are offered in the Fall and Winter each year, and are available to students with a demonstrated financial need and an acceptable academic standing. Bursaries are intended to provide support for living expenses while studying. Watch the MITT website in September and February for information and applications.
MITT Graduate Awards recognize the outstanding student achievements and are awarded at convocation each year. Students are nominated for MITT Program Excellence and industry-sponsored awards based on grades, practicum performance, leadership, as well as citizenship and volunteerism.
To qualify for a Manitoba/Canada Student Loan, full-time students are required to:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or be designated as a Protected Person
- Be a permanent resident of a province or territory that issues Canada Student Loans (ie. Manitoba)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Maintain satisfactory attendance
- Pass a credit check if you are 22 years of age or older and applying for a Canada Student Loan for the first time
- Maintain satisfactory scholastic standard if you have already applied for and received a Canada Student Loan in the past
To apply for a government student loan, students must submit an application through their province of residence. Manitoba residents can apply online at www.studentaid.gov.mb.ca.
For further information, please refer to the Canada Student Loans website at www.canlearn.ca.
If you have applied for a government student loan late or it has not arrived in time to pay your MITT tuition, students must provide MITT Finance a copy of their Notice of Assistance found on their online account (ie. MySAO).
The Notice of Assistance provides confirmation of your loan amount. MITT will use this to verify that your student loan is going to be used to pay your tuition.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact us today and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.