In their own words: International student testimonials

June 04, 2019

Eduardo Lozada Herrera, Post-Graduate Diploma Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management

Eduardo came to MITT with 15 years experience in the transportation logistics industry in Bogota, Colombia. He should graduate from his program in 2020. 

“I enjoy the friendly environment here. In addition, my experience with MITT is that it provides instrumental training and tools to help students succeed in the Canadian work environment. In class, I learned Canada’s current affairs, industry and economic trends, and the growing diversity in the workforce.” 

15 años de experiencia en la industria de logística del transporte en Bogotá, Colombia. Estudiante del diploma de post-grado de Logística y Gerencia de la Cadena de Abastecimiento, promoción 2020.

“Yo disfruto del ambiente amigable aquí. Además, mi experiencia con el MITT es que provee de instrumentos de capacitacion y herramientas para ayudar a los estudiantes a ser exitosos en el ambiente laboral Canadiense. En clase, aprendí los temas de actualidad canadienses, tendencias de la industria y la economía, y la creciente diversidad en la fuerza laboral.”

Minh Tri Ngo (Josef), Post-Graduate Leadership and Management Diploma student (Class of 2019)
Minh has more than seven years of experience in the finance and banking industry in Vietnam.

“MITT has been very supportive to me from the application stage. Every class at MITT is memorable for me since all the instructors are experts in their fields. They explain the course materials to help students understand clearly, and present many real life examples. I also find MITT Career Services’ help writing resumes, job search, and building a personal brand very beneficial. I have worked many years in Vietnam, and wanted to be promoted to a leadership level. It was difficult for me to find a formal leadership course in Vietnam. After completing my program, I am planning to work as a manager in a financial institution.” 

Isil Colakoglu, Post-Graduate International Business Diploma Program
Isil is from Turkey and prior to entering her PG program, completed English for Academic Purposes through the English Language Institute.   

“When I graduated from university, I started to work as an officer on commercial ships. I saw many countries and coastal cities. After a decade of working, I received my unlimited chief officer license. My experience and passion for foreign trade pushed me to apply to MITT PGIB program. When I started my English language program at MITT, the instructors and staff helped me to get used to Manitoba’s education system.” 

M. Kaan Oztiurk, Auto Mechanics Certificate Program
M. Kaan came from Ukraine and is a graduate of MITT’s English Language Institute . He is now a student in Auto Mechanics and will graduate in 2020.

"The class 'workplace communications' really helped me understand cultural differences and prepared me for a Canadian workplace.” 

Yeonjin (Lisa) Jeon, Network and Computer Technology Certificate Program (Class of 2017)
After graduating from MITT in 2017, Lisa took on the position of games management with Seoul, Korea-based Eyedentity Games.

"MITT has an academically challenging and diverse campus. MITT really helped me settle well in Canada during my studies. The support by the instructors and practicum during my program built industry connections which helped me land my dream career path."

Carlos Martins, Industrial Mechanic/Millwright (Class of 2018)
Carlos came to Winnipeg from Brazil in December of 2016. 

“My first exposure to MITT was the Intro to College and Work program and it was amazing. Even though I had several years' experience back home, everything in Canada was new for me so in a lot of ways I was starting from scratch. The intro program taught me a lot about what to expect going to college, but it also taught me about transit routes to MITT, how to prepare for Winnipeg's winter (winter in Brazil is 15 C!) even how to prepare a resume."

Duy Linh Nguyen, Post-Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management (Class of 2018), Post-Graduate Certificate, International Business

Originally from Vietnam, Duy Linh came to MITT in 2017. He graduated from PG Leadership and Management in spring 2018 and is currently enrolled in his second MITT post-graduate certificate program in International Business, which he should complete in fall 2019.

“At MITT, the support I got from staff and instructors was fantastic. The program coordinator helped me with some settlement issues I had at the early stage. The instructors went an extra mile to help international students like me understand the Canadian context. The career development officers helped me in-person to build a stellar resume. With the wonderful support from staff, and education from instructors who are industry experts, I built confidence to pitch my work experience in Vietnam as marketable/transferable skills to the Canadian workplace.”

Dohyung Kim, CAD Technician (Class of 2019)
Dohyung travelled to Winnipeg from South Korea and completed his CAD Technician certificate in 2019.

“The highlight of my MITT experience is that I got to volunteer: a great way to meet new friends from around the world. Thank you to MITT for preparing me to get into the workforce by helping me fine tune my resume and cover letter as well!" 

Bilal Ahmed, Network and Computer Technology (Class of 2015)
Originally from Pakistan, Bilal joined MITT in September 2014 and today he is a Permanent Resident of Canada.

“A friend of mine who was studying at MITT, suggested I check out the programs, and the Network Computer Technology program caught my eye right away. The fact that the program included a co-op option, was a main attraction for me.

MITT is my very first post-secondary institution, and I was not sure what to expect. MITT is not only dedicated to providing an excellent education, but I also had the opportunity to develop social skills, and meet new friends from different countries. One of the highlights of my student life is that I participated in the Mini-Folklorama where some friends and I put together a little presentation about Pakistani culture and food. Our exhibit was a big hit as we brought in samosas to share with other students.

I was lucky to get placed in a practicum with Manitoba E-Health. This real-life experience helped me to become highly marketable in the industry. Today, I work at Shaw Communications—one of the largest networking services in Manitoba—as an in-home sales supervisor.”

Twitter Facebook Share on:

Find Your New Career

If you're not sure how to take that next step, our Career Services team can help you connect your interests with the right courses to launch a new career. Find salary potential and career pathways for hundreds of careers in Manitoba.

Career Services 1

Student Services

Several services are offered to assist students in fulfilling their goals at the Institute. Child care, tutor programs, and much more.

STUDENT SERVICES 1

Questions?

Call us at 204-989-6500

EMAIL US 1