MITT YouthBuild helps Winnipeg family rebuild after house fire

January 16, 2018

YouthBuild Table image 1

Christmas came early to a deserving Winnipeg family when MITT YouthBuild students joined members from Habitat for Humanity and local contractors to present a custom-made dining room table, as well as hampers and gifts. The table, made of century-old reclaimed fir from the family home (used as the one-by-six backing for the original lath and plaster walls), was planed to reveal its natural beauty, then built by hand by YouthBuild students and instructors.

The gift was the culmination of a weeks-long effort by the groups to rehabilitate the family’s home, which suffered an attic fire caused by faulty wiring, and then significant main floor and basement water damage when the fire was doused. In addition to table fabrication, YouthBuild students packaged up all the family’s belongings and completed demolition work to all three floors of the home.

Twitter Facebook Share on:

Find Your New Career

If you're not sure how to take that next step, our Career Services team can help you connect your interests with the right courses to launch a new career. Find salary potential and career pathways for hundreds of careers in Manitoba.

Career Services

Student Services

Several services are offered to assist students in fulfilling their goals at the Institute. Child care, tutor programs, and much more.

STUDENT SERVICES

Questions?

Call us at 204-989-6500

EMAIL US