New President and CEO for Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology

October 25, 2017

Ray Karasevich, Interim President and CEO/former Vice-President, Academic elevated to presidency for five-year term

John Schubert, Chair of MITT’s Governing Board, announced today its selection of Ray Karasevich as MITT’s new President and CEO. Karasevich, who has been with MITT since 2014, has been serving as the Institute’s interim President and CEO since May 2017.

“After a lengthy and thorough executive search, Ray emerged as the candidate my fellow board members and I felt possessed the right mix of leadership ability and vision necessary to guide MITT in pursuit of its strategic priorities and its mandate from the Province,” says Schubert, former President of McCaine Electric Ltd., and Chair of MITT’s Governing Board since 2012.

During more than 15 years working in post-secondary education in Manitoba, Karasevich has held a range of senior and executive management roles, including Vice-President Academic at MITT. Prior to joining MITT in 2014, he served in senior crown agency and provincial roles including Secretary to Council for the Manitoba Council on Post-Secondary Education (COPSE) and as Executive Director at Industry Workforce Development.

“Our success to date, and what I believe will continue to drive our success moving forward, will be our ability to broaden and deepen our relationships with industry,” says Karasevich. “Our students are coming to MITT with targeted outcomes in mind—primarily, employment success. To deliver on our commitment to students, we need to ensure at all times that we have our finger on the pulse of opportunity in Manitoba, that we are engaging our industry partners, and that together we are developing training opportunities that will ensure our students achieve their objectives. When our students succeed, Manitoba succeeds.”

Under the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology Act, MITT’s mandate is to provide high school and post-secondary education and training activities in the fields of technology, vocational training and adult education; to assist individuals in finding and keeping employment; and to respond to Manitoba’s labour market needs.

Honourable Ian Wishart, Minister of Education and Training, has worked with MITT since his appointment as Minister in April of 2016.

“I congratulate Mr. Karasevich on his successful selection as MITT’s new President and CEO and I commend Mr. Schubert and MITT’s Governing Board for the diligent process that led to the selection,” says Wishart. “The education system is central to Manitoba’s success and prosperity and making it work requires bright and collaborative leaders. My office has had very positive engagements with Ray during his interim presidency and we see him as a valuable partner with a vested interest in the success of Manitoba, and a keen commitment to the partnerships and collaborations necessary to achieve this goal.”

Karasevich will serve a five-year term as President and CEO.

Twitter Facebook Share on:

Find Your New Career

If you're not sure how to take that next step, our Career Services team can help you connect your interests with the right courses to launch a new career. Find salary potential and career pathways for hundreds of careers in Manitoba.

Career Services

Student Services

Several services are offered to assist students in fulfilling their goals at the Institute. Child care, tutor programs, and much more.

STUDENT SERVICES

Questions?

Call us at 204-989-6500

EMAIL US