MITT proud partner of 2017 Canada Summer Games

July 27, 2017

With the opening ceremonies for the 50th Canada Summer Games just hours away, MITT is proud of its unique partnership with this marquee sporting event.

In 2016, the Games approached MITT with the idea of having students design and build key infrastructure for the event, which runs 16 days (July 28 to August 13) and will feature more than 4,000 of the top amateur athletes under 22 from across the country.

Three MITT programs (CAD Technician, Carpentry, and MITT YouthBuild) were given the opportunity to hone their skills and make meaningful contributions to the community. In the end, MITT’s stamp appeared on picnic benches, athlete benches, key cabinets, as well as the take-off and measuring boards for the long jump competition.

When the Games commence tonight, MITT will be rooting for Team Manitoba and proud to know its students and faculty are part of the legacy of the Games.

Twitter Facebook Share on:

Find Your New Career

If you're not sure how to take that next step, our Career Services team can help you connect your interests with the right courses to launch a new career. Find salary potential and career pathways for hundreds of careers in Manitoba.

Career Services

Student Services

Several services are offered to assist students in fulfilling their goals at the Institute. Child care, tutor programs, and much more.

STUDENT SERVICES

Questions?

Call us at 204-989-6500

EMAIL US